Voluntary Sector – Boards of Management and RCT & VAT

Boards of Management must now operate as a principal contractor from 2012 onwards. Typically this will meanoperating RCT each time a contractor is engaged to do work in relation to the school building, e.g. plumbers, builders etc. In addition to operating RCT, Boards of Management must also register for VAT because the Reverse Charge regime applies to RCT contractors.

Boards of Management should not ignore this new requirement and if any further details are required please contact CAG Chartered Accountants.